1. The promoter is: Agora Books whose registered office is at 55 New Oxford Street, London, United Kingdom WC1A 1BS.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Agora Books and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Facebook, Twitter, and the Agora Books website.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be June 30th, 2020 at 23:59 BST. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Email the synopsis and first three chapters of a fiction novel you’ve been working on to firstname.lastname@example.org
- And sign up to the Lost the Plot Newsletter
- The subject line of your email must include the term ‘Lost the Plot Competition’ to be considered
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
- The winner will receive a consultation with Agora Books and an agent from PFD, feedback on the manuscript, and a writers’ survival kit
- Two runners up will receive feedback on their manuscripts and the writers’ survival kit
- Two honourable mentions will be sent the writers’ survival kit
13. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges that includes Agora Books publisher Sam Brace, author Laura Pearson, literary agent Lisette Verhagen, book blogger Amanda Chatterton, and Writing Magazine editor Jonathan Telfer.
14. The winner will be notified by email. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 3 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when the prize is sent. The prize will be sent within 7 days of winner’s confirmation.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party.
20. The winner’s name will be available 60 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.