Our submissions are currently open.
We have updated our submissions guidelines below, so please have a look prior to submitting your manuscript.
Please Note: Due to the changes COVID-19 has brought about, our response time is longer than usual. Please be patient — we are still responding to all e-mails we receive.
What Are We Looking For?
We’re currently only on the lookout for commercial fiction submissions.
We’d love to read…
- Psychological Suspense with complex characters and grounded in relatable themes
- Book Club Fiction tackling difficult issues and moral dilemmas perfect for reading groups
- Historical Fiction that is immersive and engaging with an assured sense of time and place
Please Note: we are NOT looking for non-fiction, novellas, poetry, children’s, YA, essays, or short stories.
We respond to every submission we receive within 3 months; however, we cannot provide feedback on individual submissions.
How to Submit
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- The first 10,000 words of your completed manuscript
- A one-page synopsis
- Both attached as a Word Document or PDF format
- FYI our e-mail address really ends in .co !
What Happens Next?
We aim to read and respond to all submissions within 3 months of receipt. There is no need to chase up as you will receive an e-mail confirming we have received your submission.
If we think your submission could be a good fit for our list, we will reach out to request the full manuscript. Once the editor has had a chance to read your novel, she will share it with the rest of the team in order to ensure everyone at Agora is completely captivated by your work.
What’s the Deal?
We keep our list small — publishing only 4-6 frontlist titles per year, so we can give every book we publish the care and time it deserves.
We offer a bespoke and personalised publishing experience, catered specifically to every author and every book. From the beginning of the editorial process to starting your next book, we’re with you every step of the way, and you’ll know the whole team by name.
What You Can Expect
- Your book to be available in eBook and Print and available on major retailer platforms worldwide
- A full editorial plan: including structural and line edits as well as a full copyedit and proofread
- A striking cover designed by the best in the industry — thoughtfully created to stand out in the market
- A marketing plan that continues long after publication day: including a dedicated budget for launch, exposure in genre-based newsletters, and continuous submissions to major retailer promotions
- A promise to pitch for publicity opportunities and reviews in publications and appearances at events