Got something to show us? Send it in!
We’re always on the lookout for great new writing — stories that whisk you away no matter the genre.
If you’ve been sitting on a book for years, send it to us. If you’ve been pestering your friends to read your novel, send it to us. Wrote a novel in a month? Fantastic. Send that too. We want you to get your writing out into the open. That’s what we’re about. Stop hiding it and show us! We’re looking for compulsively readable stories with exceptional writing. We’re not picky about genre, but we’re picky about everything else. If you think you’ve got something, we’d love to read it.
Send the first three chapters (or first 50 pages) of your manuscript and synopsis (preferably as Word documents) to email@example.com .
We respond to everyone and aim to get back to you within a month.
What are we looking for?
We’re currently only on the lookout for fiction submissions. Please no non-fiction, novellas, poetry, or essays.
We’d love to read…
- smart, concept driven suspense: we want to be able to pitch it in a line, not sleep that night, and maybe fall out with friends over the twist
- absorbing family dramas that tackle difficult issues: we want to think about the characters long after we turn the final page, to understand a new perspective on life, and maybe cry
- gripping detective fiction with smart characters: we want to be invested in the characters, not cringe at the dialogue, be completely immersed in the crime and setting, and maybe make us lock our doors at night
- insightful women’s fiction that is as honest as it is uplifting: we want a plot that will have us cancelling plans, characters that feel like our friends, moments that will live with us almost as our own memories (and maybe have us reaching for a tissue)
- sweeping historical fiction that takes us to another time, another place, and another life: we want to pick up random facts to slyly drop at dinner parties and maybe learn what exactly the Napoleonic Wars were all about (Thanks, Jane Aiken Hodge)
With that in mind, we don’t actually care about genre — we care about how it makes us feel, not where it lives on a shelf. So if you’ve written something that you think we might like, send it over.
Why choose Agora?
We keep our list small — publishing only 6-8 frontlist titles per year, we’re personally invested in every book. From the beginning of the editorial process to the marketing and promotion campaigns that continue long after publication day, we’re with you every step of the way and you’ll know the whole team by name.
We’re not just in it for one book — we want to build careers. We’re a small publisher that forms part of a big agency. Authors that sign with Agora Books will be welcomed into the Peters Fraser + Dunlop group and we work closely with the agency to develop our authors’ careers.
We really (really) love books.
What’s the deal?
Fair royalties — authors receive 50% of whatever we receive from the retailer.
Beautifully produced books — from industry leading cover design to eagle eyed, painstaking copyediting, we care about detail.
Cutting-edge campaigns — we are data geeks: whether analysing the latest sales algorithms, producing innovative digital marketing campaigns, or finding the biggest (and best) audience for your book.